- The inspection process begins with a call to our office or an email. We are available by phone during regular business hours as well as evenings and weekends.
- We will schedule your inspection with the seller’s listing company and confirm the appointment with you and your agent.
- We will email (or fax or mail) a copy of our contract in advance so that you may call us if you have any questions. You may also view it here.
- The inspection itself typically takes 3-4 hours depending on the size and condition of the property, and you are welcome to accompany the inspector. In most cases, the buyer joins the inspector for the last hour to walk through the home and discuss any property concerns, location and operation of controls, remodel plans, etc. In the event you are not able to attend the inspection, we are available in the evening for a phone consultation to discuss the findings.
- At the conclusion of the inspection, we provide a PDF of the analysis of major systems and components in your home. The report includes a clear description AND PHOTOS of what we have found, with problem areas noted, so you may easily identify them.
( Want to learn more about the home inspection process?
Watch the ASHI 'virtual' home inspection
Payment may be made prior to the scheduled appointment or at the end of the inspection by personal check or credit card.